Friday, February 22, 2008

Fantasy Shoe Day Friday: Tods

Tods shoes seem to have a sort of "new age preppy" look about them. I like that they are simple, classic and a little bit of a "tilt your head" second glance kind of shoe. Plus they always look so comfy. Onto the classics:

These are the New Matisse and they scream out "classic Tods" with the simple shape, classic colors and minimal embellishments. Can't you totally see some women wearing white linen pants and a white button down wearing these on her yacht? Totally. New Matisse is all leather and $425...all cash!


Next up is Matisse, so I don't know if she's like the "old" Matisse or "original" but I like her a lot. Again it's simplicity with gorgeous easy detailing. I love the rivets, they are effortless but such a thoughtful detail, it's so purposeful it's complete. I just love this sandal, I know there isn't a lot to it but it has that preppy edge, loves it! Matisse also comes in a stunning blue and clean cut white. Matisse is $395.
Another Tods classic is the moccasin/loafer. This is a cute take on it with the mule design. This great dark brown leather with the (in their words) geranium detail stitching and bow. Yet another classic rich country club style. I love it, I don't know why, because if any of you know me...and most of you do, I am as far from a Country Club goer as anyone can get (although I live off of Country Club...does that count?). This is Bilbao and she is $375.This is more my loafer style...if I wore loafers and could afford these I would get them because they would be more my style (that wasn't confusing, right?). Love the pearlized pink patent! This is Gommini and she comes with her own signature sole! Just like the above Bilbao, Gommini started the pebble esque sole and everyone else copied her (the pebble sole is another Tods classic, in case you didn't catch on to anything I just wrote). The classic penny loafer, how does this not remind you of grade school? And it was so lame then and so cool now...of course I'm sure if you're in grade school still it's still lame because what 3rd grader cares about fashion? Well I guess I did, mostly NKOTB. Anyway, back to Gommini, she also comes in this stunning pearlized navy. Gommini is $325.Love, love, love this next flat. This is Cindy ballerina and she is in a multi colored grey python, yum. Everything about this shoe I love, I love the python...a lot. I love the knot detail with the little gold Tods tag. I love the shape and I love the pebble bottom. These shoes are a very understated sexy, like the girl who wears them has great self esteem, knows who she is and is very aware of her sexuality and femininity but, you would never think she knows about the things she knows, you know? Understated sexy. She's like the hot daughter at the country club that has all the boys drooling but she wears these with jeans and a polo! Understated Sexy! Cindy Lou(I added the Lou) is $695.This is Dee and she's the girl for me! I know you like it when I rhyme. So cute, it's tradition with a fashionable touch. Again, color blocking is in, I like this color block because it's less severe than the trend with the brights, you can actually wear this color block with many things in your wardrobe, plus again with the rivets, placed so beautifully. Dee is $395.
Whiskey. That's her name don't wear it out. The mustard yellow is a bit harsh but she comes in red and black too if you're turned off. Again, a Tods with the pebble sole and simplistic nature, I can't say it enough. The knot on top of the circular metal Tods embellishment is a nice touch. Another classic cutey. Whiskey woman is $425.Now I know you weren't expecting this, but Tods does create a heel, shocking I know. But isn't it strange how this shoe that has a heel and is completely different from the rest of the shoes STILL looks like a Tods? Classic, classic, classic, I can't say it enough. This is Plateau, cute name, no? Get it, Plateau? I didn't come up with it, it was someone else's genius. Anyway, the beautiful brown leather with the criss cross front and rivet embellishments. Why change a good thing? This heel has a Tods feel, you can't deny it. Plateau's heel is 4" of height and her cost will set you back $595.

Well I hope you've enjoyed the Friday of Tods. I sure have. Tods is just all American Yachters that have stepped it up a notch. Out with the boat shoes, in with the Tods flats! Good day and tune in next week for a very special Fantasy Shoe Day.

4 comments:

Jessica G said...

I do so enjoy your fantesy shoe fridays. I was a fan of the mocison loafer ones. And whatever the other one was that you said was the shoe for you. And as for Ashlee...if she is the only one with the color I guess she will have to do. I do like the color, and I think it goes nicely with your skin tones too. Do it!!!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

Ooh I love FSF too! Lol It makes me laugh that my sister says the moccasin loafer is her fav - they remind me of something our Aunt would wear! LOVE the red color, I think it would be great on you. All or nothing.... Although a weave would be cool too!

ollie said...

I wish I could wear flats... but alas... being short, round in all the wrong places, and having kids, I just look dumpy when I wear them. I've gots to have me some heels!

Tracy said...

NKOTB? Am I the only one who doesn't know what that means?