Well every Tuesday night I have quilt class/group and over the last week my goal was to get all of my squares sewn and tonight sew all of the squares together to get the top of my quilt done. Yay, I did it! For those of you that don't know I'm making my very first quilt in an "extra" enrichment group at church, they set it up for anyone who wants to learn to quilt and they just started a night class so my mom and I were the first ones to sign up! I decided to take the pattern we are doing "Turning Twenty" and make a baby quilt for Elle for her first birthday.
I choose to put in some pig print because she was born in the Chinese year of the pig.
Anyway, here is what I finished tonight:
- sewing all the squares together
- cutting out Elle's name
- ironing and sewing on Elle's name
And here are my finished pics
I don't know if you can tell the colors better with this pic or not but I decided to put it up.
3 comments:
wow!!! That looks awesome! Good job, I love her name on there! Quilting is so fun, isn't it? It looks great!
That is so cute! Better get started on mine now....
You're awesome!
My first blankie that my mom made me also had my name down it. It was also pink. I LOVED it and had this thing about having the K up by my head and the E near my feet, and then there were the tassles(sp?) which I played with so much that most of them became worn and fell out...ah memories
Post a Comment