Monday, June 30, 2008

Careful what you wish for...

For those of you who are unaware, brushing Eva's hair is usually pure torture. Lately though (thanks to my Pantene) it hasn't been that bad, she's decided to be a "big girl" (her words not mine) and not cry when I brush her hair. Of course due to the fact that I slather on the Pantene just on her ends, brushing doesn't take long at all, I also combine that with the new 2-in-1 Johnson's shampoo for "older" children (using the Pantene last) and it boasts for a mostly pain free hair brushing.
So imagine my surprise when Eva calls me to the bathroom and tells me she cut her hair and she doesn't like her hair anymore.

Looking at the precious locks on the floor it didn't really compute. I never thought she would lob off her hair. I could see her pulling it out before cutting it.

I've been begging her to come with me to get her hair cut for months, I hate brushing it and if we cut off even 3 inches my life would be better.

So as she went on and on about how she wants to get her hair cut short and doesn't like her hair anymore because it gets knots in it my eyes started to well up with tears. I was in shock. It wasn't quite everything I was hoping for.
Needless to say I'm ignoring her. I'm never bringing it up again unless she mentions it.
p.s. that little curl I'm holding is nothing, she lobed off about 6 inches all together in one little section...it's even shorter than the bangs I've been having her grow out for over a year now. :(

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh no! I can feel your pain through the screen- Eva has such beautiful hair. I can just picture it all over the floor... luckily it grows back, right?

Dal and Nat said...

That is no fun. Luckily Corbin has only cut a little section in the front and we just shaved his head....Alysha (knock on wood) hasn't bothered the scissors yet.

ollie said...

6 inches??? whoa!!!! That's a lot of hair for one section! That's so sad! She had such beautiful hair! I remember when Kelly decided she wanted bangs.... she actually did a good job the first time. The 2nd and third time, not so much.

Anonymous said...

I know! Lilly's bangs were all grown out and cute and then she gave herself insanely short and uneven bangs all the way back to her ear, and now she looks like she has a mullet. Arrrrrrrgh! I feel for ya.