Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Not only is my husband an incredible father to his girls but he is the sweetest most awesome husband EVER.
First I'll share some sweet things he does with the girls:

EVA:
He goes out on dates with Eva to Petco (one of her favorites places to go)
He takes Eva fishing...he takes time off of work to come home and take Eva fishing!
He cuddles up with her at night
He let's her comb his hair and put hair clippies in (he really loves this...the hair combing anyway)
He let's Eva play "Dr." and she gets rags wet and wraps them all over his...by the end he looks like he's been sweating for four days but he doesn't even care...Eva loves it.

ELLE:
He teachers her what her pointer finger is so she can follow along when he reads to her.
He gets EXTREMELY excited when she does something new with him (even if he knows she already has been doing it for a while. If she does something with him he gets SO excited like he was the first person to see it, ever.)
He loves that she looks so much like him, he loves caring her around and people saying how much she looks like him
He loves it when she falls asleep in her arms, he loves to just hold her.

ME:
He let's me go out all the time and cleans while I'm out and puts the girls to bed...he's a much better housewife than I am.
He never complains about anything
He tells me I'm a good mom even though on days I really don't feel like it
He let's ME get stuff for Father's Day instead of him, seriously, it's awesome. Here is our conversation on Saturday night:

Me: "Hey, we have some extra money, maybe I should go out and get you something for Father's Day."

Him: "Nah, I don't need anything, I don't really want anything."

Me: "So you want me to go and get some new shoes instead?(kinda sarcastic, but underlying...very serious)

Him: "Yah."

Me: "Seriously?"

Him: "Yah."

---I was gone about 2 minutes after that on my way to Famous Footwear, where I got these:

So totally awesome. Just a little description for you, these are Madden Girl by Steve Madden, they are called, "Luuna" and have a 4.25" height with a 1" platform...and that sweet cut out. I love them!!
Thank you Jeremy for letting me get something for Father's Day...you're the best! And I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day.
I will mention that Jeremy said that he had the best Father's day breakfast ever, that he couldn't believe it and it was the best Father's day gift I could have ever gotten him. I made homemade sausage biscuit (and egg) sandwiches...his favorite thing at McDonalds. What can I say, he's easy to please.

2 comments:

Three Love kids said...

cute shoes. Jeremy is and always has been awesome. You do have a great husband and your girls have a great dad. Yeah to Jeremy!

Cami said...

Love the shoes!