Sunday, October 19, 2008

This past week has been a busy one.
First, thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone. I had a great day. I've been procrastinating posting because I haven't taken pictures of all things I want to talk about it...and I still haven't so I thought I should just keep everyone up to date regardless.
So my friends surprised me with a b-day breakfast! Scrambled eggs, sausage, OJ and french toast, but not just any french toast, in between two pieces of french toast was a thin layer of cream cheese and on top of that was caramelized pecans and sliced bananas topped with BUTTER syrup! Yeah, it was as good as it sounds. They also all pitched in and got me the cutest pair of sporty flats (like I said, pics to come) Thanks friends, it was fun and SO good and very thoughtful, I'm very grateful for my wonderful friends.
Then I went to check on my mom (for those of you who don't know she had this crazy throat surgery on Oct. 8th and it's supposed to be the most painful recovery) and she and my dad got me this amazing cocktail ring, a huge (7 carat) blue topaz with blue sapphires. I can't wait for a special occasion to wear it to!
Jeremy promised me a purse, shoes and whatever else my heart desires...I'm pretty sure he'll regret that later. ;)
What else? Jeremy was gone on a fishing trip from Thursday to Saturday evening. I missed him so much, it didn't really set in till Friday night when my friend Heather and I threw a sweet party at our community room. I just missed having him in the house all together...Elle was the most effected by his absence. Both nights around 6ish she knocked on the door and said, "Daddy?!" she didn't understand why he wasn't coming home. So sweet. She would not let him go when he did come home, she grabbed onto him and kept looking at his face to make sure it was him and then she'd hug him even tighter, she was attached to his hip last night. Very cute.
Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out going to school again, I've pretty much sucked at doing homework, so hopefully I can do better this week...we'll see. Eva's loving preschool, she has her first ever field trip (all alone no parents!) to the pumpkin patch this week, and Elle has a pumpkin patch field trip in her class too (same day).
Oh yes, we've all been having the sniffles. Mostly Elle was pretty sick the, I didn't feel well last Monday and then Jeremy was sick right before he left on his trip and Eva now has a stuffy nose...the family that shares germs together stays together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your new shoes! (and purse...haha Matt promised me one for my b-day too, I still haven't taken him up on the offer...)

ollie said...

What an awesome birthday! I think i need new friends, a new husband, and new parents. Do you have some I could borrow?