Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Disclaimer for B-day Party

I appreciate all the praises from everyone and want to let you know a few things:

1. I only thought about doing something "big" like this because it was Eva's golden birthday(she turned 4 on the 4th). In other words there is no way I would have thrown this type of party for a regular turning 4 birthday.

B. I think I spent less than $100. Not only did I split the cost with my friend Amy(whose two kids the party was also for) but the machines were at no cost because my mom works at the store we got them from.

I know I've mentioned this before but, I was raised in a home where birthdays were a big deal and certain ages were celebrated in an over the top way. In my husbands home this was not the case at all and so he really struggles with me making any sort of deal out of a birthday at all, besides a homemade cake at home with just family(which I will remind him we did when Eva was 1 and 2).

And to answer your question Lori, What we'll be doing next year? Turning 5 is a big age to turn in my eyes and we will be going to Disneyland next year for Eva's birthday. Yes, I'm totally serious. I know, I'm insane. At least I wont have to put on a party!

2 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

Nevertheless....you are seriously amazing. Try and convince me otherwise ;-) Awesome party, and can I come to Disneyland next year too???

The Howard Family said...

Oh Christa, now I can rest at ease. Thanks for anwering my question! Your the best :)